POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : imagemap question : Re: imagemap question Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:34:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: imagemap question
From: Jos Tellings
Date: 3 May 2003 06:47:08
Message: <3eb39e2c$1@news.povray.org>
"ABX" <abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote in message
> On Fri, 2 May 2003 16:47:04 +0200, "Jos Tellings" <jte### [at] chellonl>
wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have a photograph of a nice sky. I want to show the picture on a
> > sky_sphere with an image_map. How can I do this? I use map_type 1 but it
> > doesn't work. I only got a few strange big pixels on the skysphere.
> >
> > Thanks a lot!!!
>
> From what you wrote it seems you think that sky_sphere is not sphere but
> rectangle for defining rectangular background of rectangular image. Not at
all.
> Sky_sphere is a sphere. With typical perspective camera you see only small
> subsection of it. If you want add typical rectangular background you have
a few
> solutions, for example you can render your image in transparency in
background
> (+UA switch in options - see documentation) and then add background in
image
> manipulation application.
This is a bad solution. The ambience of the sky is not reflected in my
picture then.

>You can as well look into screen.inc include file and
> use macros from ther to locate some textured planes in fron of camera. It
is
> also described in manual. If you do not understand what manual-author
wrote
> about it feel free to ask again.

When I use Screen_Plane I still get only a few gray pixels. I can not
recognize the sky at all.

  object { Screen_Plane ( pigment { image_map { jpeg
"sky.jpg" } },1,<0,0,0>,<1,1,0>) }

Set_Camera_Sky doesn't work either. Do you know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks